The Village Vetshop has been at the forefront of the Veterinary Retail industry since 2005. Owned and managed by veterinarian Dr Mark Middleton, and staffed by Sharon, Barbara, Jamie and Danica, it strives to be a shop that combines convenient shopping with a professional yet friendly environment. All the staff members are well trained and eager to help you with your pet’s requirements. Where appropriate, our two vets are available to help clients with any pet issues or questions they may have.
‘Passionate about Pets’ is our by-line and we live by this motto, believing that primary health care is paramount to happy, healthy pets that live to a ripe old age. Good nutrition, quality veterinary products, as well as the correct knowledge are our contributions to all our clients.
Our product range includes:
- Veterinary counter-products: Tick and flea products, de-wormers, shampoos, conditioners, and supplements.
- Veterinary approved diets: Hills, Royal Canin, Eukanuba, Iams, Vets-Choice, Ultradog, Vetsbrands are the main brands we sell.
- Beds, blankets and dog jerseys
- Homeopathic supplements for a variety of conditions such as stress and skin allergies as well as the Vondis fresh food.
- A huge range of toys, training aids and pet accessories
- A delicious deli
We have suppliers of a huge range of products, not all of which are on display in the shop. Our commitment to our customers ensures that we will endeavour to source almost any product.
- In-house loyalty card: Our loyalty card rewards you for your purchases. A donation is made to an animal welfare organisation for every loyalty card that matures.
- Product loyalty programs: We promote any loyalty programs that our suppliers do, passing along any savings to our clients.
- We support a number of welfares, both through our loyalty cards as well as partnering with them for adoption days at the centre.
- Direct donations: Any expired food or products are put to good use by donating it to animal welfares.
Events / Community
- Pet Blessing: Taking place on the first Sunday of October at our Tableview branch, we celebrate World Animal Week to coincide with the feast day of St Francis of Assisi, the patron saint of animals.
- Pet adoption days: Held twice a year in partnership with one of the registered animal welfare groups.
- Photo competitions, raffles, win-your-purchase and our Easter egg search are some of the interesting things that happen throughout the year.
We love to talk animal, so pop in and see us, and let us help you optimise your pet’s well-being.